Scott Mills visits China

Here is information about my trip to China. I will try to provide updates and images of journey when in China. You can use the Blog Archive to see the different parts of my trip. I leave from Indianapolis on Wed. April 6 at 10 AM and return to Indy on April 24 at 10 PM. The purpose of my trip is to try to establish a relationship with a sister school in China. Through this relationship, I hope to help establish an exchange program with that school that might include students and teachers.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

April 19, 2011

I spent the day at Guoao Primary School.  I was able to sit in on four different classes.  One class was an English class, a Chinese class for oral language, a Chinese reading class, and a math class taught in both Chinese and English.  Two of the classes were 1st grade and there were 46 students in the class.  There exists a level of discipline that is hard to describe.  Kids are kids and Chinese students can behave the same as American students, but when it is time to focus, they can quickly get on task.  The Chinese in general take great pride in being disciplined in school and their work.  Their driving on the other hand is organized chaos, but they make it work.  As for the food today, I can add donkey to the list.  It is sometimes joked around here that Chinese will eat anything with four legs, except the table.  I think I can believe that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment