Scott Mills visits China

Here is information about my trip to China. I will try to provide updates and images of journey when in China. You can use the Blog Archive to see the different parts of my trip. I leave from Indianapolis on Wed. April 6 at 10 AM and return to Indy on April 24 at 10 PM. The purpose of my trip is to try to establish a relationship with a sister school in China. Through this relationship, I hope to help establish an exchange program with that school that might include students and teachers.

Saturday, April 23, 2011

April 22 & 23, 2011

April 22:  Was driven to the airport by the Assistant Director and my interpreter for my flight to Shanghai.  Principal Sun, Labor leader Gu Yu, and the PE teacher surprised me at Shenyang airport.  They all had to get up very early to do that which made me even more appreciative.  The people in Shenyang are my motivation to learn Mandarin.  I want to come back and be able to speak with them in their language.  Our plane was delayed to Shanghai by an hour but I was in our hotel by 1 PM.  We had a meeting with all our school administrators about their week touring schools in different areas.  There were some great stories, but I think my experience in Shenyang was at least as good as any other experience.  
April 23, 2011:  We had a great day in Shanghai.  We went to the Communist Party history museum and the Shanghai Museum followed by Shanghai lunch (Of course the food was excellent!)  We then went to the Yu Garden area and then had a walk on the historic Bund.  The architecture in Shanghai is awesome.  Tomorrow we journey home so this is my last blog from China.  If anyone wishes to chat with me further about my trip just let me know.  A big thank you to my daughter Amber who has put the blogs up for me because blogspot.com is blocked in China.    This trip has been a life changing experience.  I wish my friends in Shenyang could be near to me or I to them.  They are wonderful people and wonderful educators and I count them as my friends.  I plan to write a summary of my trip on the blog in the next week.  Thank you for following my journey as I count you as my friends too.  It will be Easter Sunday tomorrow and travel day home for me.  God bless you!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment