Scott Mills visits China

Here is information about my trip to China. I will try to provide updates and images of journey when in China. You can use the Blog Archive to see the different parts of my trip. I leave from Indianapolis on Wed. April 6 at 10 AM and return to Indy on April 24 at 10 PM. The purpose of my trip is to try to establish a relationship with a sister school in China. Through this relationship, I hope to help establish an exchange program with that school that might include students and teachers.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

April 21, 2011

Last full day in Shenyang.  I started the day with a tour of the Expo Garden Shenyang.  It is a large botanical and amusement park just outside the city in the beautiful hill country.  The flowers were just starting to bloom so I may have been a week or so ahead of the full beauty of spring.  The amusement park will open in about a month after the weather turns warmer.  The botanical gardens had a display for many cities in China featuring the flowers and architecture of the city.  It was an enjoyable time with Gu Yu, Rachel (Ms. Wu my interpreter) and our driver.  We then hit a local authentic rural restaurant.  Of course the food there was excellent.  The main dish was in an iron pot with beef, potatoes, green beans, and biscuit stuck to the side of the iron pot.  We then headed back to the city and my hotel so I could pack and get ready for a dinner hosted by the Assistant Director of the Yuhong District.  We once again had great food and fellowship.  I can tell you that I was a complete stranger to Shenyang last Saturday and can count at least five people as my friends as of tonight.  I am truly sad that I have to leave these fine educators.  Each of them would people I would love to have work in our schools.  There are great educators here in Shenyang.  I hope our relationship can last a long time for the benefit of all of our children.

No comments:

Post a Comment